18 Mar COVID-19 Knightsbridge Court Dental Latest Update
In light of the uncertainty we all face with the outbreak of COVID-19, we wanted to keep you informed of the steps our team has taken to ensure we keep any potential transmission to a minimum and protect ourselves as well as you – our patients.
In view of the latest developments over the weekend, we have been discussing the impact that coronavirus may have on the well being of all of us. As it happens, until we are advised further, we would like to let you know that it is “business as usual” for now. For reasons out of our control, “business as usual” may need redefining for a while.
Health and safety protocols require us to follow a certain procedure on a daily basis. We regularly effectively clean the whole surgery after every patient including all the surfaces which some of you may have already witnessed.
In order to prevent any risks of potential transmission we have implemented few more steps to our protocols in light of the recent developments:
• We will continue to wear protective masks as a barrier between ourselves and the patients. We will also continue to wear protective eye-wear.
• Until further notice, all the surfaces in all the rest of the surgery will be wiped down every hour including door handles, tables, doorbell, telephone handsets, etc.
• All the magazines and toys from the waiting room will be removed as they cannot be disinfected.
• All patients will be asked to wash or sanitise their hands on arrival.
• Appointments will be spread out to allow patients to come in and leave, therefore, avoiding coming in to contact with others with no waiting times.
• Wherever possible, family members or friends will be discouraged to attend appointments with patients.
• Some appointments may have to be cancelled at a short notice.
We understand that this may inconvenience some of you, but hopefully you will understand that this is all in order to minimise any risks of potential transmission and ride out this pandemic.